If you want to record a Microsoft Teams meeting on Windows 10 PC or your Android mobile phone, here is what you have to do. This article contains the in-built method and one additional solution in case you do not find the option on your mobile. Whether you are using the desktop client or the mobile app, you can record Microsoft Teams meeting using this guide.
Before getting started, you should know about three important things:
- First, as per the official documentation, it is possible to record meetings on the mobile app. However, if you are not getting the option where it should be, you can follow the second method as well.
- Second, Microsoft Teams saves recorded videos to Microsoft Stream. However, it is about to change, and you can choose to record to be saved to OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Third, Microsoft Teams notifies all attendees that they are being recorded.
How to record Microsoft Teams meeting on PC
To record Microsoft Teams meeting on Windows 10, follow these steps-
- Open Microsoft Teams on your computer.
- Click the Join now button to join a meeting in Microsoft Teams.
- Click the three-dotted icon after joining the meeting.
- Select the Start recording option from the list.
- Click on the More action button.
- Select the Stop recording button.
- Click the download icon to download the video to your PC.
Let’s check out these steps in detail.
Open Microsoft Teams on your computer and click on the Join now button to join a meeting to get started. You can join a meeting in any other way as well. Click on the three-dotted icon when the meeting has started and select the Start recording option from the list.
As said earlier, a notification will be popped up citing the recording. If you want to stop the recording, click the same three-dotted icon or the More actions button, and select the Stop recording option.
Now, if you want to download the meeting to your computer, click on the download icon visible on the recorded meeting notification.
Note: If you do not click the Stop recording option before leaving the meeting, you might get a “Recording failed…” message. However, you can still download the recorded meeting on your computer.
How to record Microsoft Teams meeting on Mobile
To record Microsoft Teams meeting on an Android mobile phone, follow these steps-
- Open the Microsoft Teams app to join a meeting.
- Tap the More options button.
- Select the Start recording option.
- Tap the Stop recording option to stop the recording.
Open the Microsoft Teams app on your Android mobile to join a meeting. When the meeting is going on, tap on the More options or the three-dotted icon to select the Start Recording option.
It starts recording the meeting instantly. If you want to stop recording, tap on the same icon, and select the Stop recording option from the list.
Like the Windows 10 desktop client, users will be notified when you start recording from an Android mobile.
The problem is some folks do not see the Start recording option. If you are one of them, the following method will be helpful for you. In simple terms, you have to use a screen recording tool to record the meeting. Here we have shown the process on a stock Android mobile. However, if your mobile has the same functionality, you can record meeting easily irrespective of the OS or Android versions.
At first, let the meeting be live. Following that, expand the status bar and select the Screen Record option.
Next, toggle the Record audio button to record the meeting’s audio as well.
When you are done, tap on the Screen Record notification to stop recording.
The only problem with this method is that other attendees do not get any notification regarding the record. Therefore, it is better to inform them before you start recording.
TIP: You can also record Skype calls on Windows, Android, and iOS.