Creating a poll on social media groups can help you get the opinion of your members, friends and followers on a particular topic. You can create a poll on Facebook groups and Twitter account without any third-party app or service. Here is how you can set things up to create a poll.
How to create a poll on Facebook Groups
If you want to create a poll on Facebook groups, do the following:
- Log in to your Facebook account and select the desired group.
- Click on the Poll icon in the What’s on your mind section.
- Write the poll heading first.
- Add options in the Option 1, Option 2, etc., boxes.
- Click on the Add Options button to add more options.
- Expand the Poll Options to allow people to choose multiple answers or add options.
- Click the Post button.
To learn more about these steps, continue reading.
At first, you have to log in to your Facebook account and select the desired group where you want to publish the poll. Every group has an option to write something. Here you can find an option called Poll. Click on it to start creating a poll.
However, if you cannot find the Poll option, you can click on the What’s on your mind box, click on the three-dotted icon and select the Poll option.
Next, you have to write a heading for your poll. In other words, you can write the question of your choice. Then, you can start adding options in the Option 1, Options 2, etc., boxes.
If you have more than three options, you can click on the Add Option button to add more options as per your requirement.
By default, Facebook allows other members to choose multiple answers or add options. However, if you prevent others from selecting multiple answers or add options, you can click on the Poll Options button and remove the tick from the following checkboxes:
- Allow people to choose multiple answers
- Allow anyone to add options
At last, click on the Post button to publish the poll on the Facebook group.
How to create a poll on Twitter
To create a poll on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Open the official website and sign in to your Twitter account.
- Click on the Poll icon.
- Enter the question you want to ask.
- Add options in the Choice 1, Choice 2, etc., boxes.
- Expand Days/Hours/Minutes to choose the Poll length or expiry date.
- Click on Everyone can reply button and select Everyone or People you follow or Only people you mention option.
- Click the Tweet button.
To get started, open the official Twitter website and sign in to your account. Then, click the Poll icon and enter the question you want to ask your followers.
Then, you can add options in the Choice 1, Choice 2, etc., boxes. If you want, you can click the plus icon to add more options or choices.
After that, you can add an expiry date. For that, you have to select the Poll length. Next, you can click the Everyone can reply option and allow or block people from giving their votes. By default, Twitter allows everyone to vote for an option. However, if you want, you can select the People you follow or the Only people you mention option.
At last, click the Tweet button to publish the poll on your Twitter account.
Once the poll is published, people can vote for the option according to their choice. If you want, you can delete the poll on Facebook and Twitter as you delete a regular post on those platforms.
Take a look at these posts too: