Getting runtime error R6034 on your PC? Here are the possible working solutions to fix runtime error R6034 in Windows 10. Some users have reportedly encountered runtime error R6034 mostly while running some application or hardware components. A few also have faced this error on modifying some system files. This error may also occur while opening or updating the iTunes application on Windows 10 or accessing the Visual Studio project.
This runtime error R6034 displays the following error message:
An application has made an attempt to load runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application supports team for more information.
Before the solutions, let’s discuss what possibly can cause runtime error R6034.
Why does Runtime Error R6034 occur?
Here are the possible reasons due to which runtime error R6034 is triggered:
- Corrupted or missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Packages can be one of the reasons that can cause this error. It might be the case that some Visual C++ Redist dependencies are corrupted or missing.
- If you don’t have sufficient permission required by the application, you may face this error.
- You are likely to encounter error R6034 in case of some kind of system file corruption. Corruption with system files can affect runtime protocols required to run specific apps.
- In case there is some conflict with 3rd party software, you might receive error 6034.
- This error can also be triggered due to conflict with Apple’s supporting files. If you have iTunes installed, uninstall and then reinstall it and check if the error is resolved.
- Some other reasons that can trigger error R6034 include malware infection, corrupted registry entries, incompatible software, etc.
Now, if you see this error in any scenario, you can fix it up using the below-mentioned methods. Let’s check out these methods.
Fix Runtime Error R6034 in Windows 11/10
Here are the solutions that you can try to fix runtime error R6034 in Windows 10:
- Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
- Run the program with administrator privilege.
- Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
- Perform DISM Scan.
- Uninstall recently installed software/ hardware.
- Start Windows in Safe mode.
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot.
- Check PC for viruses or malware.
- Perform System Restore.
Let us elaborate on these methods now!
1] Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
The first thing you should try is to check and repair corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. For that, follow the below steps:
- Open the Control Panel and then click on the Programs and Features option.
- From the list of programs and features, select Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables and right-click on it.
- Click on the Change option and then in the next window, select the Repair button.
Windows will attempt to repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages and when it is done, restart your PC. Then, check if the problem still persists.
If the repair doesn’t work, you can also try to uninstall and then reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and check if it fixes the error.
2] Run the program with administrator privilege
If you get error R6034 while running some app or software, run it with the administrator privilege. This might fix the error. Follow the below steps for that:
- Select and right-click on the application and choose the Properties option.
- Move to the Compatibility tab in the Properties window and enable the option called Run this program as administrator.
- Then, press the Apply > OK button.
Now, run the program that was giving you the error and see if the issue is gone.
3] Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
As we discussed earlier that one of the reasons that cause error R6034 is corrupted system files. If that is the case, you can run an SFC scan to fix it up.
4] Perform DISM scan
Perform a DISM scan and wait for the scan to complete. After that, see if the error is gone.If the SFC scan doesn’t fix the error, restore system health using Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) scan.
5] Uninstall recently installed software/ hardware
If you have started facing this error after the installation of specific software, hardware, or driver, then try uninstalling it. You can uninstall a software program using Control Panel or Settings app. Although, it is recommended to completely uninstall a program with its residue and leftover files. To completely remove a program, you can use a free uninstaller software. Similarly, you can uninstall driver using Device Manager.
After doing so, check if the error is gone.
6] Start Windows in Safe mode
Try restarting Windows in safe mode and see if the error still occurs. This can fix the error as safe mode runs with only essential programs and it won’t run unnecessary programs that might be a reason for this error.
7] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot
In case the error R6034 is caused due to some software conflicts, try to troubleshoot Windows in a clean boot state and see if it fixes the error for you.
8] Check PC for viruses or malware
If there is some malware on your system that is infecting files and settings and causing the runtime error R6034, you should consider scanning and removing malware from your PC. You can use antimalware tools to do so and get rid of the error.
9] Perform System Restore
If the issue is still not fixed with any of the above solutions, system restore is an option. You can roll back your PC to a state when you didn’t receive this runtime error by performing a system restore.
Hope these solutions helo you get rid of runtime error R6034 on Windows 10.