Here is a full guide on how you can fix Launch Error 0xC0020015 on Battlefield 2042. Battlefield 2042 is a recently launched multiplayer-focused first-person shooter game and is an addition to the popular Battlefield game series. However, some users have experienced many errors and issues with the game. One such error is the error code 0xC0020015 which is basically triggered on launching the game. The error basically prompts the “Unexpected error (0xC0020015)” error message.
What causes error code 0xC0020015 on Battlefield 2042?
Here are the potential causes of the error code 0xC0020015 on Battlefield 2042:
- The error can be caused due to a lack of due administrator privilege. Hence, you can try running the Battlefield 2042 game with administrator access to fix the error.
- It can be caused due to too many background applications running on your system and eating up your system resources. In that case, close all the unnecessary background applications and then see if the error is fixed or not.
- Your overprotective antivirus suite can also block your game from launching. So, disable your antivirus and then check whether the error is fixed or not.
- In case you are dealing with corrupted files associated with the Easy AntiCheat app, it can cause the error in hand. If the scenario is applicable, you should be able to fix the error by repairing the Easy AntiCheat app.
- It can also be caused because of broken or missing game files of Battlefield 2042. So, verify the integrity of game files to fix the error.
- The error might also be triggered due to software conflicts. To counter that, you can perform a clean boot and then try running the game.
You can try applying a suitable fix to resolve the error based on the scenario best suited to you.
Fix Battlefield 2042 Launch Error 0xC0020015
Here are the methods to fix the launch error 0xC0020015 on Battlefield 2042:
- Run Battlefield 2042 as an administrator.
- Close unnecessary background applications.
- Disable your antivirus.
- Repair the Easy AntiCheat software.
- Verify the integrity of game files.
- Troubleshoot in a clean boot state.
1] Run Battlefield 2042 as an administrator
The first thing you should do to fix the error is to run the Battlefield 2042 game with administrator access. There are chances that the error is triggered due to insufficient access to launch the game. Hence, in that case, running the game as an administrator should help you fix the error. To do that, you can follow the below steps:
- Firstly, open File Explorer using Windows + E hotkey and then navigate to the installation directory of Battlefield 2042. You are most likely to find the game at the below location:
C:Program FilesEA GamesBattlefield 2042
- Now, locate the BF2042.exe file and right-click on it.
- Next, from the context menu, press the Properties option.
- After that, go to the Compatibility tab and enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Then, press the Apply > OK button to save changes.
- Now, repeat steps (2), (3), (4), and (5) for the BF2042_launcher file.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if the error is now fixed.
In case you still encounter the same error, go ahead and try the next potential fix to resolve the error.
2] Close unnecessary background applications
If there are too many background applications running on your PC, try closing them to fix the error. It is possible that the error might be caused due to too many programs running on your system that might be interfering with your game. So, if the scenario applies, try closing all the background programs and applications using Task Manager and then relaunch the game. See if this fixes up the error for you. If not, try the next solution to fix the error.
3] Disable your antivirus
You can also try disabling your antivirus and then see if the error is fixed or not. The error might be caused due to your overprotective security suite or antivirus. It might be blocking your game from being launched and thus causing the error code 0xC0020015. Hence, turn off your antivirus and then relaunch the game. Check whether or not the error has stopped now.
If you are able to launch Battlefield 2042 without the 0xC0020015 error, you can be sure your antivirus is the main culprit. Now, disabling your antivirus permanently is not recommended as it can invite viruses and malware to your system. So, add the Battlefield 2042 game to the exception or exclusion list of your antivirus to fix the error.
4] Repair the Easy AntiCheat software
You can also try repairing the Easy AntiCheat software to fix the error 0xC0020015 on Battlefield 2042. Easy AntiCheat is used by games like Battlefield 2042 and corrupted files associated with the app can cause the error in hand. Hence, repair the app and then see if the error is fixed or not. Here are the steps to repair the Easy AntiCheat app:
- Firstly, open your File Explorer and simply navigate to the Battlefield 2042 installation directory (refer to the method (1)).
- Now, open the Easy Anti-cheat folder and right-click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file.
- Next, hit the Run as administrator option.
- After that, from the appeared options, select the Repair option and proceed with the process.
- Then, try reopening the game and see if the error is fixed.
5] Verify the integrity of game files
The error might also be triggered due to corrupted or broken game files of the Battlefield 2042 game. Hence, try verifying the integrity of the game files and then see if the error is fixed or not.
For Steam users, here are the steps to verify the integrity of Battlefield 2042’s game files:
- Firstly, start the Steam client and then navigate the LIBRARY menu.
- Then, locate the Battlefield 2042 game from the list of your games and press the right-click on it.
- Next, from the appeared context menu, tap on the Properties option.
- After that, go to the LOCAL FILES tab and then click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- Now, Steam will start verifying the game files from its servers and the bad files will be replaced with clean and updated game files. So, wait for the process to complete.
- When done, relaunch the game and check if the error is fixed or not.
Epic Game launcher users can follow the below steps to verify the game files:
- Firstly, launch the Epic Game launcher app and select Library.
- Now, below the Battlefield 2042 game title, click on the three-dot menu button.
- Next, select the Verify option and follow the prompted instructions to complete the process.
- After that, launch the game and see if the error is fixed or not.
If this method fixes the error for you, well and good. However, if you still get the same error when trying to launch the game, try the next solution to get rid of the error.
6] Troubleshoot in a clean boot state
Software conflicts can also cause the same error. So, you can try performing a clean boot and see if it works for you. Here are the steps to do so:
- Firstly, press Windows + R to open up the Run dialog box and then enter msconfig in it. This will open up the System Configuration window on your system.
- Now, enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and then click on the Disable all button.
- Next, press the Apply button.
- After that, go to the Startup tab and press the Open Task Manager option.
- Then, disable all the startup programs in Task Manager.
- Finally, reboot your PC and then launch the game to see if the error is fixed or not.
Hopefully, this method will fix the error in case none of the other solutions did.
How do I fix Battlefield 2042 error?
The fixes to resolve Battlefield 2042 errors depend upon the error code you are dealing with. If you are facing the error code 0xC0020015, you can try running the game and game launcher with administrator privilege, closing the unnecessary background applications, disabling your antivirus, verifying the integrity of game files, or performing a clean boot. We have shared these and more fixes in detail that you can check out above.
Can t open Battlefield 2042?
If you are unable to open Battlefield 2042 or it keeps crashing when opening or in the middle of the gameplay, there are some fixes that you can try. You can try updating your graphics drivers, verifying the integrity of your game files, lowering the graphics settings, or running the game with administrator privilege.
Are Battlefield 2042 servers down?
If you are unable to connect to the Battlefield 2042 servers, they are most likely down. You can wait for some time for the services to be up and running again.